What basic fittings do I need to perform a pressurized transfer to a Keg?

1. Grab a pressurized transfer fitting if you don’t already have one. Brewmaster Edition owners can use their included 3" cap and PRV, see Brewmaster FAQs. 
2. The pressurized transfer fitting is attached to the lid using a tri-clover clamp and tri-clover gasket.  Be sure to have 1 of each on hand if you don't already own spares. 
3. Then grab a 1/2” MPT hose barb for your racking valve if you don’t already have one.  Brewmaster Edition owners will need a 1.5" Tri-clover flange to 1/2" hose barb to attach to their butterfly valve (also insure that you have a sufficient number of clamps and gaskets for concurrent use with all fittings).
4. Lastly, grab a 5' length of silicone hosing if you don’t already have some.
Then simply run the hose from your Chronical's racking valve to your purged and ready to fill the keg.  Limit the pressure of your regulator to roughly 1-2 psi, and the transfer will take place in roughly 2-3 mins, you're good to go!
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.