The pilot edition includes all of the features of the standard 5 BBL, with the addition of:
- All-stainless mash tun mounted grist case and grist hydrator, this also includes a manway port and auger port.
- A 2 sq. meter pre-chiller, which is designed to use with glycol to knock down ground water temps before it reaches the primary chiller. Glycol flow valve integrated into the main control panel.
- A steam jacketed mash tun for step mashing and mash-out.
- A commercial thermostatic mixing valve for precise and repeatable strike/sparge water blending control.
- A GPI sanitary turbine flow meter for the blending manifold allowing for precise and repeatable strike/sparge water additions.
- Automatic sparge water acidification. This allows you to accurately acidify sparge water on the fly when using tankless water heaters.
- Product out dump valve and kettle racking arm, which allows you to mitigate trub pickup and dump in line during knockout for extremely hoppy beers.