Occasionally we release updates to our SVBS Controller Software to add new features, make improvements, and squash any bugs that may pop up. The upgrade process is relatively simple and easy to do!
- SVBS Controller
- USB Drive*
- Computer with USB port
- Internet Connection.
*The largest exterior size of USB Type-A drive that will fit the SVBS Touch Controller is 0.65” wide x 0.29” tall (16.4mm x 7.4mm). Drives with large cases may not fit the SVBS Touch Controller.
1. Download the SVBS Software Package from our website to your computer. This can be found at www.SsBrewtech.com/software. You will need to unzip the downloaded file and this will create a new folder with 2 different items in it. One is a ReadMe PDF with details about the upgrade process and the other is a Folder containing the SVBS upgrade software.
2. Insert a USB drive into your computer. This USB drive needs to be empty of any additional files and we also recommend performing a fresh FAT32 format on the drive before continuing.
3. Open the "Update" folder first and then select and copy the IMAGE.BIN file to your USB drive. Confirm that the file is fully transferred and in place on the USB drive. This file should not be in a folder on the drive, just located on the root level of the drive. Once you have ensured the file is fully transferred to the drive, eject the drive from your computer using the correct process for your operating system.
4. Plug the USB drive into the port on your SVBS Controller. Once the drive is inserted, select the ⚙ (Settings Cog) on the touch screen to bring up the settings menu. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the "Version Number" of the currently installed software.
5. Using your finger, select and hold the Version Number for 6 seconds. This will begin the upgrade process.
6. While the update is being installed, be sure to avoid turning off or unplugging the SVBS Controller or removing the USB drive as this will interrupt the upgrade and potentially damage your controller.
7. When the update is complete, the SVBS Controller will reboot. Select ⚙ (Settings Cog) to bring up the settings menu and confirm the Version Number matches the number of the update you installed. If it does not match and still shows the previous Version Number, you may need to reformat your drive, redownload the SVBS Controller Upgrade Software, and attempt the upgrade again. If for any reason you have any issues with the upgrade, please reach out to our Support Team at https://ssbrewtech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new